I love Halloween and it is going to be here before you know it!
I have never really decorated much for Halloween but it seems in the last 2 years I have started decorating a little here and a little there. I still by no means go all out but I think I am slowly being converted to decorating my home for Halloween.
To make my fun Halloween Tree I collected sticks from my backyard and spray painted them black.
I found this cool planter pot from Hobby Lobby and got the moss and styrofoam cube from the Dollar Store.
- Wad up some newspaper and shove into the bottom of the container. Only fill about half way up.
- Push styrofoam in the container. You want it good and sung so it wont move around.
- Push the ends of the sticks into the styrofoam.
- Cover with moss.
Then comes the fun part of decorating the tree!
- Punch out 2 bat shapes out of silver glitter paper
- Use a larger glue dot in the middle to hold the twine and 2 smaller glue dots on each side and stick together
- Cut a free hand circle out of white cotten fabric
- Slit the edges all of the way around
- Use a cotton ball for the head and gather the cirlce around
- With a white string tie a knot right underneath the cotton ball head
Googly Eye Medallion
- Cut a strip on 1 inch paper and score every 1/2 inch
- Accordian fold and glue ends together
- Push down to make a circle and put a dob of hot glue in the center and cover with a 3/4 inch black circle
- Glue Googly eye to black circle
- Tie a knot in a piece of twin and glue it into one of the folds of the medallion
Googly Eye Skeleton
- Pick up these
cutescary little skeletons at the Dollar Store
- Use small glue dots on the back of the Googly Eyes and stick to the eye sockets of the skeletons
- Tie a piece of twine around the neck and make a look for the hanger
8 Piece Paper Pumpkin
- Cut 8 Scallop Circles with a 1 3/4 Inch Circle punch
- Score down the center
- Glue one half of the scallop circle to another half of scallop circle. Glue all pieces until they are all connect to each other
- Tie a piece of twine in a knot and put a little glue down the center of the paper Pumpkin. Put the knot end of the twine down the center of the pumpkin
Put it all together and you have a fun Halloween Tree!
Do you decorate for Halloween?