I love lemon flavored dessert recipes. In fact a while ago I also posted a Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe that is my absolute favorite! But today we are talking Lemon Bars.
Growing up, lemon bars were a real treat and it seemed like we mostly had them after big Sunday dinners. My mom has an amazing recipe for lemon bars that I love and even my friends have started requesting them, but they take awhile. You have to bake it twice, once with the crust and then again with the lemon topping, and while they truly are amazing. I don't always want to put all the time and effort into making them. I will have to share that recipe with you soon cuz I am sure you will love them too!
Last week I found a recipe on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it out. Practically Living is who originally shared this recipe. My favorite part about this recipe is it only has 2 ingredients! Now that's my kind of recipe!
You will need:
1 box of Angel Food cake mix
and Lemon Pie Filling
Since there are only two ingredients the steps are really easy too!
1. You can either buy ready made lemon pie filling or buy the box mix. I bought the box mix and followed the instructions on the side of the box
2. Add 2 cups of the lemon Pie filling in with the dry angel food mix
4. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan (I did grease the pan to be on the safe side but not sure if that is necessary)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown
6. If desired you can add a sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top while cooling
Doesn't it already look amazing?!
After it has cooled, cut, serve and amaze your friends and family with these yummy little goodies!